Factory fresh HC-06 devices typically have the default baud rate of 9600. It is recommended to change the configuration of the transceiver to a higher value.
For this purpose, the Relay Server application has a special utility to automatically overwrite the configuration parameters of a HC-06 Bluetooth transceiver with the correct values:
Perform the following actions to re-program the HC-06 device:
Connect the HC-06 with the computer using a typical USB to RS 232/UART
Adapter (as offered for Arduino) like shown on this image:
- Download and install the application FlightZoomer relay server if not yet done.
- Open the Bluetooth programming utility from the Relay Server main window by clicking the button Bluetooth Configuration Utility....
- Confirm that the correct COM port is shown in the Port dropdown box (or select it otherwise).
- The current baud rate will automatically be determined!
- Choose whether you want to add a one-character-suffix to the name and choose a PIN code (or leave it at 1234).
- Click on the button Program device with...
- Once all steps are completed the utility looks like this: